• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    Why was Nattasha Singh missing from television?


    Advertisement

    We have always known Nattasha Singh as the Kirti of yesteryear’s super hit comedy show ‘Dekh Bhai Dekh’. The actress’s last TV outing was ZEE TV’s ‘Saath Phere’ and after that she made herself scarce on the small screen.
    Now, Nattasha has finally returned to acting with a theater play named ‘Four Play’. She is one of the main characters of Four Play, which has been written, directed and produced by Vandana Sajnani.
    About her acting comeback, she says, “It was not planned. I had begun to miss acting, and was toying with the idea of returning to the profession when Vandana posted an ad saying she is looking for an actress. Soon after I expressed interest, she called me for a reading audition and I go the part.”
    In the comedy, Natasha plays Brinda, a character whom she calls “crazy and cute.” She is paired opposite Gaurav Chopraa in it. So, is she open to acting in TV shows as well? “I don't want to play a bubbly girl any more. I am now looking for roles that can touch me as a person. If I am offered such roles, I will definitely return to the small screen,” she replies.
    Many viewers continue to wonder why Nattasha quit TV. To satisfy the curiosity, the actress says, “I was very young when I started acting. In fact, I completed schooling and graduation (in commerce) while working. At one point, the inevitable happened: I couldn't cope with the timings and stress started taking its toll. I was also facing a lot of personal issues. To top it all, there was no creative satisfaction either; I was only offered "bubbly little girl" roles. I tried to break that image by taking up a grey character in a show (Saath Phere), but wasn't accepted by people. I then quit acting to retain my sanity.”



    source: pinkvilla

     

    Advertisement