• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    Elli Avram Is Working On Her Hindi


    Advertisement






    Bigg Boss contestant Elli Avaram is looking forward to guest appearance on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa where next weekend she will be dancing simultaneously with two partners.
    “The theme is teen ka tadka. It’s very tough. I’ve never danced professionally before, let alone Bollywood dancing, and that too with two other people sharing the stage with me. Am I nervous? Gosh, I sure am! The co-ordination of the steps has to be taken care of three times over. It’s a big challenge. But I’ve never shied away from challenges,” says says the pretty model-actress of Swedish-Greek antecedents who was known to be Bigg Boss host Salman Khan’s favourite.
    Elli who has made India her home made her Bollywood debut in Mickey Virus last year. “That didn’t have any dancing to do. I was so looking forward to some real Bollywood dancing. I grew up doing it at home....I don’t know what it was about Bollywood. But I always felt attracted to it. Now here I am.”
    Elli is busy polishing up her Hindi before she signs her second film. “I speak only in Hindi to all my staff members. Everybody around me has been requested to converse with me in Hindi. The results are showing. Main ab kafi Hindi bol leti hoon”
    The proclivity to master the rashtra bhasha makes Elli one-up on the other firangi actresses like Katrina Kaif and Nargis Fakhri who just can’t get a hang of the Hindi, no matter how hard they try.
    Not just the national language, Elli says she is making every effort to belong to and in Bollywood. “I feel Indian, I really do. When I go ‘home’ to Greece or Sweden I feel like a visitor there. I can’t wait to get back to Mumbai. Over here in India I’m often mistaken for a Kashmiri or a Punjabi.That suits me fine. I love the idea of being taken for an Indian because I feel Indian. This is home.”

    source: pinkvilla.com

     

    Advertisement