• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    Somya Seth Returns with New Attitude in ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’


    Advertisement


    Talking about the role, Soumya has been quoted by a publication saying,"I was hooked to the thought of playing Kaurwaki ever since the show was launched. I contacted the production house and to my surprise, they told me I was one of the actresses short-listed for the part. It's a strong character and I totally relate to it."

    On being questioned about what kept her away from the arc-lights, she replied, "It's a huge responsibility to be an actor as a lot of people tend to follow you and your work closely. The pressure to act and look a certain way can be taxing. Imagine the pressure to look your best even at a coffee shop. I like to lead a normal life. I wanted to be with my family, travel, learn new things, including cooking and healing myself. I travelled through Maharashtra, Indonesia and America. I underwent a course in acting, I have become a better person. As much as I love acting, I can't give up my life to act in shows back-to-back. I aim at living a good life rather than just being a good star."


    "I have always had the accent, but I was conscious about it since people found it weird. But I am now comfortable with myself and have embraced the real me," she added.

     

    Advertisement