• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    Love story of Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya


    Advertisement
    We have often heard stories of Bollywood and TV celebrities who end up falling in love with their co-stars. And, we thought same was the case with Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’s Divyanka Tripathi (Ishita Bhalla) and Vivek Dahiya (ACP Abhishek). But, their love story certainly comes with a twist.
    ( Can't miss: Top 5 onscreen lovebirds who bewitched the audience )
    Take a walk with us as we reveal the love story of TV’s latest sweethearts – Divyanka & Vivek.

    Meet the girl:

    Bhopal lass Divyanka Tripathi entered the world of TV through the talent hunt show, 'India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj’. She then went on to star in her first daily soap ‘Banoo Main Teri Dulhann’. With her first show itself, Divyanka became a household name in the country. And, on the sets of her first TV show, she met the first love of her life - her co-star Ssharad Malhotra.

    A fatal love story:
    Divyanka and Ssharad kept their relationship under wraps for a long time. The couple were together for nine years and everyone was speculating a marriage announcement to happen sometime in 2015. However, they called it quits in January 2015. And, this left Divyanka with a broken heart.

    The heartbreak:

    In an interview Divyanka revealed, “I would not blame him for everything. Actually, I do (laughs). But still, there are certain things which I believe even I was at fault... I used to be very busy. But still I always went out of my way and made time for his family, because I knew he was very close to his family. I was there for him at every hour. I would sleep for lesser hours, just to keep him happy. But the same didn’t apply on him.”

    Getting over & moving on:
    With her show ‘Yeh Hain Mohabbatein’ climbing up the TRP charts, Divyanka took a while but got over her heartbreak with dignity. And, in an interview in August 2015, when she was asked about her views on an arranged marriage, she revealed, “I am open to everything right now whether love or arranged. The person should be good and I want to be loved. There should be equal reciprocation of love and warmth from him. No more one-sided love.” And, that is what she got!

    Meet the boy:
    Chandigarh-based lad, Vivek Dahiya holds a Master's degree in International Business Management from De Montfort University, England. Before turning towards the glam world, Vivek worked in IT Park, Chandigarh. In 2011, after winning the Mr. Chandigarh title, he decided to take up a career in acting and moved to Mumbai.

    Vivek & his TV career:
    Vivek’s first major brush with camera happened in 2015 with TV show ‘Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera’ on Star Plus. In May 2015, he entered Divyanka’s ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’.

    Love at first sight?
    Well, given what we usually know about love stories of TV co-stars, believing that it would have been love at first sight for these two would be quite logical. But, it was not so. There was no love at first sight. For months after Vivek’s entry on the show all that happened between him and Divyanka was the daily ‘hi’ and ‘bye’. 

    Only ‘Hi’ & ‘Bye’ that was it!
    In an interview after their engagement, Divyanka revealed, “We barely have scenes with each other in Yeh Hai Mohabattein, so we hardly spoke to each other. We didn’t have each other’s phone number. Sirf ‘Hi’, ‘Bye’ tha hamare beech.”


    So, how did it happen?
    Hold your horses, we are getting to it. Didn’t we tell you the story has its twist and turns? So, this is how it finally happened, “One of the people associated with the show who felt that we had many common traits--we don't party, drink, smoke--introduced us.” Yes, Divyanka & Vivek have what we can actually describe as an arranged-cum-love match.

    Here’s what happened:
    In an interview to a leading daily, talking about their relationship, Vivek revealed, “It wasn’t love at first sight. It was an arranged match. We were introduced by a common friend who is also a fellow actor. Then we started looking at each other from a life partner’s perspective. We often met after work and eventually started understanding that we are very compatible and similar to each other and we can take it further.” 

    Did you know?
    Can you guess who was their co-star friend who played cupid between the two? It was Divyanka aka Ishita’s on-screen brother-in-law Pankaj Bhatia, who plays Professor Bala Chandran on the show

    An arranged match?
    Yes, that is what it actually is. After her breakup with Ssharad, Divyanka’s parents were looking for a suitable match for her. And as for Vivek, his scene was quite the same. He too was looking for a serious relationship. 

    Okay, so it was arranged-cum-love...

    Recounting the earlier days of introduction, Divyanka in an interview said, “My mom and dad were looking out for a match. Even Vivek had told our common friend once that he wants to have a serious relationship and settle down. Uske baad Vivek and I started talking to each other, thoda thoda but awkwardly. Suddenly, we felt that we like each other a lot. We would speak for hours and hours, and our chats wouldn’t end. I informed my parents soon after I was sure that I had started loving him.”

    Then, came the parents:
    The moment Divyanka was sure that she was in love with Vivek, she told her parents. “They said that they want to meet him, err, scrutinise him. And then it was my turn. Wahi sandesha Vivek ke wahan se bhi aaya,” revealed Divyanka about her parents’ reaction. Talking about meeting Vivek’s parents, here’s what Divyanka has to say, “Do you know Vivek's dad is a lawyer and I was asked a whole lot of questions for 3 hours? His parents were concerned if I could be a good homemaker since I am an actress.” But eventually things happened for the best, and they both were able to impress the other’s parents.

    So, how did Vivek propose Divyanka?
    Talking about the proposal, Divyanka revealed in an interview, “He (Vivek) proposed to me on my birthday December 14, last year. We had gone to Bengaluru together to visit my family and it was the first time he was meeting my parents. Just before the cake cutting, I saw Vivek standing with this beautiful T-Shirt with 'Marry Me Diyvanka' written on it. He told me 'you have everything, but you need somebody who will be committed to you for life. I promise I will never hurt you and keep you happy all your life'. He had a ring in his hand.” 

    And…
    “It was the most beautiful experience of my life. To do something like this in front of my family took a lot of guts and I was zapped. If it was a daily soap, I would have had tears in my eyes and said something. But for the first time I was speechless, I didn't know how to react. I was completely swept off my feet,” added Divyanka. 

    Finally she said...
    Well, the surprise proposal literally left Divyanka speechless. Recounting the moment, Vivek said, “She was flabbergasted and speechless. I had to get an yes out of her. Since I was down on one knee, I asked her are you sure you want to marry me, will you marry me. She just went 'a a a' and I asked her is that a yes, and she said it is.”

    Then came the courtship?
    In Divyanka’s own words, “There was no courtship as we were looking at the relationship culminating into marriage.” The couple never really had much of a courtship. They were introduced in August 2015 and by January 2016 they were officially engaged. And, if reports are to be believed, Divyanka and Vivek will be tying the knot in July this year.

    What does Divyanka like about Vivek?
    In an interview to SpotboyE, Divyanka revealed, “He is witty and he makes me laugh. He doesn't impose himself on me and I can trust him. Even if we have differences on anything, we talk and sort it out. I am lucky to have Vivek in my life. He is the result of some good karma I must have done in my last birth or this one.”

    The engagement:
    On January 15, 2015, Vivek and Divyanka had a hush-hush engagement ceremony in Chandigarh. In an interview, Divyanka shared, “Dus din pahle maine bhi nahi socha tha ki ye dhamaka doongi (I wouldn't have thought 10 days back that I would give you this news). We were going to Chandigarh to meet Vivek's family. We thought when everybody likes everyone, then why not turn this into an engagement.”


    Wait, there is more...
    In another interview, ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ diva added, “Bahut achchi feeling hoti hai when you find a person jiski aankhon mein aap dekho aur unki aankhon mein utna hi pyaar nazar aaye jitna aap unhe karte ho. Bahot achchi feeling hoti jab aap care karo...aur badle mein aapko care mile.”

    And, what Vivek has to say about Divyanka?
    Talking to a leading daily, Vivek opened up about Divyanka and said, “She blows me away while her smile – She has the best smile ever! I also love her eyes which show the willingness to commit. And the way she makes me feel when she is around it is just great. We talk highly of compatibility but there is something beyond that which is underrated and that is the willingness to make it work, to be patient and give space to each other. These are major attributes for a successful relationship and she has all that.” 


    More please...
    In another interview, Vivek revealed, “Divyanka jaisi ladki milegi, itni expectation nahi thi. She's an amazing person, beautiful, more beautiful from inside than outside.” Now, isn’t that just cute? 

    And, they have endearing nicknames for each other:
    Yes, like every other couple in love out there, Vivek and Divyanka too have endearing nicknames for each other. In an interview, Vivek revealed that he calls Divyanka “Dew” and she calls him “Jaan.”

    source: Movie Talkies

     

    Advertisement