• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    Vivek Dahiya: When I look deep into Divyanka Tripathi’s eyes, I see her heart, which is filled with love for me!


    Advertisement



    ACP Abhishek of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein talks about his special one in this EXCLUSIVE interview

    Divyanka Tripathi’s engagement to Vivek Dahiya is the talk of the town. The two who were rumoured dating shocked everyone by getting engaged last Friday. Co-stars from Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, the couple maintain that they were not dating per se. Here’s what the man of the moment Vivek Dahiya had to tell .....

    How does it feel to be engaged to the most sanskaari bahu of the nation?
    It feels excellent (laughs). However, the sanskaari factor wasn’t my prerequisite. I was not hoping for anything of that sort. I wanted a simple girl as my life partner. We think on similar terms. I know we can have a good time together and yet be there for each other throughout. That’s about it. Everything else is a bonus. I am very excited about our future. The kind of love we are getting from people around us is amazing.

    Your parents must be the envy of the whole of Chandigarh…
    (Hahaha) I am sure about that. When I first told them about her, they felt I was joking. They did not believe me. Mom and dad knew her as a TV personality that was it.

    Tell us a bit about your relationship.
    Well, it was sort of ‘arranged love’ (laughs). See, I have always had a strong opinion against arranged marriages. I never advocated the idea. Then, there was this friend who set us up. Normally, you take time to know a person and so on. When I met her, I felt everything was right about her. It was instant and spontaneous. I knew she was the one.

    How did your parents react to the news?
    They had seen her on TV. My parents said if you guys feel you are compatible with each other, we have no issues. They just want us to be happy. When they met her, they were really happy.

    A lot of people feel you guys hid your relationship. Would you like to clarify on that?
    We were not dating each other. Everyone was cornering us and asking if we were dating, which was not true. We were two people exploring the fact that whether we were compatible enough to settle into the institution of marriage. Sadly, there was a lot of negativity, people were calling us names, which was disheartening. Some doubted our intentions. Most of them were not genuine fans but random people. We were growing fond of each other and did not want this negativity to make a dent in our relationship. This is why it was kept under wraps. I hope fans who are reading this understand our point of view.

    Divyanka got a lot of flak on social media for her ‘nepotism’. Comment…
    Our close friends and those who matter know what we are. Even her true fans know her nature. We did not have the time to deal with what some random people were posting on online sites. We do not need it right now.

    Who is more romantic – Divyanka or you?
    I am more romantic than her. I think we are quite romantic in our own ways. The expression of love differs. Romance is not about the setting, it’s about communicating. When I look deep into her eyes, I see her heart, which is filled with love for me. That is our romance. At times, we just look at each other and keep staring.

    Does she mentor you considering you are a relatively new entrant in the industry?
    Yes, she is my mentor. We discuss work on the sets or at home. We talk about the minutest of things. I do seek her opinion. I am a new entrant so I take advice before going for an audition or some work-related stuff. She has been here for quite some time and she does mentor me. I come from a corporate/business background, so if she thinks of venturing out, she seeks my opinion. It is a give and take relationship.

    Have you bonded with her family?
    I have not been to Bhopal as yet. I have met her parents in Mumbai and in Bangalore. I have a strong relation with my new mummy and papa. It is a happy, exciting and beautiful bond. We joke and laugh around. Life is quite perfect!





     

    Advertisement