• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    “The casting couch is been done more professionally now” – Ritu Shivpuri


    Advertisement
    After being written-off as a one film wonder, Bollywood actress Ritu Shivpuri, who shone in Govinda and Chunkey Pandey starrer, Aankhen’, is raring to make her mark in the Indian Television. In a candid interview with Pinkvilla.com, the actress revealed some interesting tidbits about the Tinsel Town and much more. Check out the interview to know what exactly the daughter of veteran Bollywood actors Om Shivpuri and Sudha Shivpuri has to share with us. Excerpts from the interview:
    Please begin with by sharing with us how you ended up meeting your husband Hari after going through a series of three failed relationships?
    I’ve known my husband Hari for almost 22 years now. He has his business of manufacturing leather belts. I always knew what I wanted from my marriage. I wanted a home and that’s what Hari has given me. The relationships I was into earlier that did not work out don’t matter to me anymore.
    How did you stay in touch to your passion i.e. acting during the sabbatical you took from films?
    I love to act as it runs in my blood. My parents are from the industry too and it comes naturally to me once you have a passion for something. It never dies off; it stays hidden for a while but will always bounce back much stronger.
    How did you enter Bollywood?
    While I was modelling, Mr. Pahlaj Nihlani (my dad's friend) saw me and asked me to do a film with him. He knew me since I was a kid and I shared a comfort zone working with him. It was important for me to feel safe and he was the best bet ever.
    How were things in Bollywood in your time? Did casting couch exist then?
    Yes, it did. But, the casting couch is been done more professionally now. It has always been there. At the time I started doing films, people probably chose not to speak of it. These days people don’t mind talking about it. That’s the only difference. Luckily, I did not face any (casting couch) as my parents belonged to this industry and it was much safer for me.

    Why is it that celeb spouses in Bollywood are not faithful to their partners? Not only in Bollywood, I think we have heard of many stories from other people too that their spouses aren't faithful to them. It is more highlighted in the film industry because maybe the temptation here is more.
    Do you think Bollywood has grown more professional now and there are people bagging roles because of their merit rather than on the basis of their equations/romantic relationships with celebs at the top?
    It sure is changing today. The scripts and story lines have more for women too than just the heroes. Everything today is more professional from the designing to the scripting to directing. In my days, we used to go on sets and know what you’re shooting for today. But these days it’s different and more organised. As for the equations id stay quiet I don’t want to sound or be judgmental.
    Now that you are set to enter TV industry, what kind of role are you looking for? Are you open for saas-bahu soaps? Something that excites me! I surely love saas-bahu soaps. It is just that they need to be realistic a little at least. I don’t mind doing it as long as my character brings in some quality work with it.
    How about doing a reality show like ‘Bigg Boss’?
    No, never. I don't want the world to keep an insight of my life and I would be the most boring contestant ever.
    How have you maintained your body so well in all these years?
    By workout and dancing. I don't diet. I eat after every 2 hours. i break my meals in small portions and I am nibbling all day. Stay away from fatty food and if you feel like eating it, take a small portion of it. Don’t starve yourself. Workout is a must even if it’s just 30 minutes every day. You must make it to the gym or do any form of workout.


    source : pinkvilla

     

    Advertisement