• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    Look Who’s Talking: “I don’t want to be a fungus on anybody’s mushroom” – Shruti Haasan


    Advertisement





    She is known as Superstars Kamal Haasan and Sarika’s daughter but she has already carved a niche for herself in the music world as a part of her rock band after a short stint in films. Shruti Haasan is full of energy and can talk for hours. Well, that is what we found about her during the recently aired episode of ‘Look Who’s Talking with Niranjan’ on Zee Café. And then, this star kid revealed many interesting facts about herself one after another that kept us hooked to her talk.
    The talk began with Niranjan questioning her about her childhood and parents.
    Shruti replied, “I was very pensive and obedient as a child but one day a sort of short circuit happened and I was like ‘No, I don’t want to be so nice!’. And I continue to be a rebel till date.”
    She then moved on to dole out little unknown things about her star father, Kamal Haasan and her relationship with him.
    “Well, we knew that he was a busy person. So we never whined when he failed to appear on our sports day in school. We understood that. But whenever he was around, I have made some of the best memories with him. He has influenced me artistically and has taught me to be true to my conscience and seek justification of my actions from my own self, said Shruti.
    She also credited her mother for her love for music as she has the best taste in music.
    Niranjan asked her about the reason that led her to choose for acting as a career.
    She answered, “Because I wanted to move out of home! I told my friend Imran (Khan) that I want to move out of home and I don’t mind acting. It was that simple. My dad told me that if you make a choice, then you will be responsible for it. But if you really feel you are going to fall, then call me!”
    About her Shah Rukh Khan fixation, she said that once she had attended a Filmfare awards with her father just to meet her screen idol SRK. However, he could not introduce his little starry-eyed daughter to SRK which made her sulk for a week!
    Shruti had a back story to narrate which she did by saying, “In Hyderabad, there was Filmfare awards show and I had gone there to collect my father’s award. I know my mother loves me but I don’t know why she made me wear that frock with pearls on it which made me look like a human cup cake. Yet, I wanted to go to SRK and tell him I love him because I really, really loved him. Then I went into the loo and got stuck due to the reasons I don’t want to reveal on TV. When I came out of the loo, SRK had already left. So, I thought I will meet him during the next Filmfare awards. My father introduced SRK to everyone except me. I think he did that on purpose and I was upset with him for a week.”
    “I outgrew that phase later. But it was not like that I wanted to marry SRK, I wanted to be him. I would cut my hair the way he did and wear the mustard coloured ‘Baazigar’ pants that my mom made for me,” Shruti concluded.
    The topic then changed to her mother and father’s separation.
    Shruti revealed that from an early age she knew that something was not well between her parents. She also said that it was a decision well taken by her parents to get separated as sometimes living together can prove to be more detrimental to the children. She also mentioned how well her parents have been doing after choosing to live apart to lead a life of their own. However, Shruti and her mother had to sit down and explain things to her kid sister Akshara ‘coz she was too young then.
    Niranjan then quizzed her about the male attention (or lack of it) during her teenage years. To the host’s surprise, Shruti said that she has been always a tomboy and would play cricket and kabaddi with the boys during Valentine’s Day. She recounted an incident when she whacked her friend because she offended when he ruined their friendship for something “as low” as a crush!
    And she also added, that despite being a part of the film circuit, she has become scarier and no one dare ask her out. “No one asked me out and it is fortunate because it is horrible to turn someone down,” she stated.
    Niranjan asked her why she is averse to romantic relationships. And pat came an interesting reply:
    “Because relationships have become needing someone and being a fungus on mushroom. So it is difficult for me to be like a fungus on anybody’s mushroom.”
    And here’s another reason she gave for not being drawn towards getting into a relationship.
    “Right now I love myself more than anything. Relationships are like Math. I hated Math in school. You can lead a life without studying Math but there comes phase in life when you need Math because you need to give the change for an auto ride. So, my life is at a point when I don’t want to do the Math but when I want to count my change, I will (get into a relationship).”

    source: pinkvilla

     

    Advertisement