• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    People don’t know how to react and they often cross the line - Yashasri Masurkar


    Advertisement







    The famous vamp of ZEE TV’s ‘Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se’ was in conversation with Pinkvilla.com recently. Contrary to her infamous small-screen character, Sumitra, Yashasri is very chirpy and friendly in real life. Here are some excerpts from the telephonic talk:
    What is keeping you busy these days?
    Travelling! I love travelling and everyone knows that. I am soon going for a holiday to Rishikesh and Mussoorie all alone. I am used to traveling alone as earlier I had holidayed at a resort in Jaisalmer without any companion. I am an impromptu traveler as generally I don’t even book hotels before beginning my journey. Of course, I make sure I take necessary steps to ensure my safety. My parents are supportive about my love for traveling alone.
    Besides this, after finishing off ‘Dol Dil…’, I got an assignment for anchoring for a Marathi news channel called Zee 24 Taas. And there are other projects as well.

    How did you react to the hate mails you received while playing a vamp in ‘Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se’?
    When I took up the role, I knew there will be people cursing me and hating me. But I decided to deal with all brickbats very calmly. Initially, I would read the hate comments but then I stopped. I think people don’t know how to react and they often cross the line. Now, whe I meet the same people, they praise me for my work in the show. And I pull their leg by saying, “Oh, then why did you abuse me earlier?” (laughs)
    Would you like to do negative roles in future as well?
    I might take it up. But, right now, I won’t. I want variety roles. I want to play a tomboy and I would LOVE to do a hardcore love story.
    What are your marriage plans? Are you seeing anyone?
    No, I am not seeing anyone now. Unless I find the right person, I won’t think about getting married. And right now, I am not in the mood to find one! I am focused on my career as actors have a short shelf life.
    What kind of person you would want to marry?
    Someone who is either an artist, or a painter, poet, writer or even an actor will do. He should be loving , caring and should be able to handle my temper as I get angry easily.
    Do you always want to be in TV?
    No not for very long time. May be only for the next 4-5 years. Later, I want to work for the welfare of animals. I feel for them and would like to look after their well-being in some way.
    Are you a fashion buff or traditional in real life?
    I am not fashion buff. But I am more comfortable wearing western clothes that I generally pick from shops in Mumbai. I shop for generally when I travel to Delhi and Jaipur.
    What is your favorite beauty tip?
    I wear lipstick and Kajal normally. I drink lots of water and apply papaya mask as it removes tan.
    What is your philosophy of life?
    Live and let live!
    What kind of food do you love eating?
    I love eating. And, especially non-vegetarian food. Which is quite ironical as I am an animal lover. But I am more into eating chicken more than any thing else.
    Who are your friends in the TV industry?
    I have a few friends who are press reporters. Prasad Barve, who works for Sab TV, is one of my friends. I have more friends in the Marathi TV industry as I don’t connect well with actors in the Hindi TV industry.



     

    Advertisement