• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    How safe is working in TV industry for actresses?


    Advertisement

    Safety at work is one of the common issues faced by the contemporary working women. Much like a woman in any other industry, TV actresses too have their fair share of apprehensions and issues related to the environment they work in. From traveling alone or in an insecure public transport after an outstation shoot to dealing with crazy fans around the sets, these pretty women too have to pay the price for stardom. In this space, some of the well-known faces of Telly Town get vocal about women’s rights, their concerns and expectations…
    Vahbbiz Dorabajee
    I am not very aware but yes women's rights in general are taught to us and it's important to know the basic rights too. I never had to worry as it's very safe on the sets. The sets and the production houses are very safe. I feel safe being a part of the TV industry. No one can mess with you if you conduct yourself well, and in TV industry, people are as normal as any other industry. There are always females too in production and you have co-stars too. So, it’s completely safe.
    Shraddha Musale
    I am aware of woman’s rights. If you are professional in approach towards work then no one can mess in the TV industry. I work in C.I.D and I feel safe. I do my work and go back home. If you conduct yourself nicely then people also treat you with respect. Basic human ethics are very important in any field. Since TV and films are glamour related fields, the industry has been the focus of everyone’s attention. Sometimes the shooting locations are remote so one needs to be extra careful while travelling. Rashami Desai
    I am aware of my basic rights as a woman but as far as law is concerned technically, I may not know the exact laws or rights which can be exercised. Whichever show I have done, I have never been worried as I was always treated with respect and felt protected. I know how to conduct myself and no one can cross the boundary. On the TV set there is always large number of people including a lot of girls be they the assistants, make-up artists, creative folks or production people. TV does provide a safe environment. Only when the route towards the location is a bit secluded, it becomes a matter of concern especially if you are traveling alone. But otherwise, acting is a respected profession. When we work in a daily soap there is normal bonding with co-stars and crew and the atmosphere is healthy.
    Adaa Khan
    I am aware of woman's rights. TV industry is a very safe place. One needs to be careful irrespective of the industry. One must have a professional approach and mind ones business. Acting is like any other profession. Glamour is part of the profession. Make-up crew, designers mostly are girls only. I feel safe on the shooting set. When we shoot at difficult location a team is there to be with us. People go to the shoot location and come back together. Moreover, we have our own vehicle, a car driver and a spot boy.
    Roopal Tyagi
    I'm aware of women’s rights at work place as well as in general too we have been taught in. But we tend to forget but circumstances teach us to deal with the situation. I find shoots very safe as the crew has women too and the production house is very careful about women’s safety. TV provides a safe environment. There should be surely more awareness about woman rights.
    Rishina Kandhari
    Yes, I am aware about women's rights. I don't have to worry about my safety as I am accompanied by my driver cum guard and my spot boy to the shoot whether I am working outdoor or indoor. When you work on a show your, co-actors and the crew become your friend. So, no one messes with you. It's all about how you conduct yourself. TV does provide a safe working environment to women but only inside the location or while shooting. I have seen a lot of girls requesting production people to provide them proper mode of travel from sets to home but it goes all in vain as they have to wait till the entire shot gets over. All the shoots are now held in Naigaon (near Mumbai) for a day and commuting for girls becomes a problem as they have to travel in trains or buses which are not at all safe.
    Shama Sikander I never had to worry because I was always very respected by all on the set. And TV is much safer than films. At least, I haven't come across anything serious, fortunately. But I hear a lot about girls going through torture on the set because of some psychos. It's very unfortunate to hear the bad incident happening in our society. But I believe that the women have to get physical and mental training to deal with all this. I always felt that if you as a person are very strong. No one dares to do anything wrong. TV does provide much safer environment.
    Samiksha Bhatnagar
    Despite so much awareness in India amongst the workforce, women still face serious discrimination in the male-oriented workplaces. There are a number of laws that expel the employers to discriminate against their female employees; but there are only a few employers who follow these laws. As far as women’s workplace rights are concerned, the India, government should work hard and introduce laws implementing the equality of women in the workplaces. I do feel safe in Mumbai as compared to other parts of the country. I don’t even feel confident while traveling alone even late at night. However, some recent incidents do suggest that the entire system needs to be changed or improved when it comes to women safety. As far as my experience with most of the TV production houses goes, they do take care of women’s safety. It’s an effort of production houses, Guild, Cine Association and it works with continuous feedback from all of us.

    source: pinkvilla.com

     

    Advertisement