• put your amazing slogan here!
    Advertisement

    Advertisement

    Adaa Khan, Eijaz Khan & Shama Sikander talk about their ‘Ramadan’ rituals!


    Advertisement




    Telly Town actors, too, love getting in touch with their spiritual self by observing fasts during the Holy month of Ramadan. Read on to know what they have to share with us.
    Adaa Khan
    Since my childhood I am following Roza. I have low blood pressure problem so when I am working I don’t fast it gets too difficult. I pray success for my new show and health for my family. And also, I wish that we all stay away from evil. Roza is discipline of mind and body. Praying and getting close to God this month is of purity of soul.
    Eijaz Khan
    My first roza was at the age of seven. I was particular about keeping a fast. The collective feeling of fasting used to increase will power to manage fasting no matter what happens. The feeling of purity was unparalleled as all over Muslims follow Ramdan. I used to be happy while breaking my fast because we would get Sheer Khurma and Savaiyya to eat. I also used to like eating Cham Cham mithai. Most of the time I feel unreasonable to tell my directors or producers that I am fasting, therefore, I can’t do a particular scene. So I make sure that the day when I am fasting I avoid doing such scenes in which I have to smoke drink or eat. This becomes very difficult for a month. Shooting during Ramdan becomes very difficult and also to reach set on time. During Ramdan, the energy level gets very low by evening. You need to go on with daily life and divert your mind towards prayers. I generally don't ask for divine favours. I thank God for good health, ability to work and prosper and I wish the same for my family and friends. Islam has many do's and don'ts and I would not like to go into the details. All I would say is that it is a time for self-discipline and cultivating pure thoughts.
    Shama Sikander
    I have been fasting since the age of eight when I was in school. I have fond memories of fasting and breaking the fast with cousins by eating delicious Kheer and other delicacies. I have had very understanding production units and they used to always give me my work break to offer prayers to God. I think Indians are very understanding and accommodating. I don't fast anymore but I respect people who fast during Ramdan. I am more spiritual now and I always pray that the almighty gives us wisdom and all kindness and love to all. I have learned that we are all connected and by helping each other we help ourselves. I feel people must do what they want to and not I want or anybody else wants them to do. I don't believe in spiritual cleansing only once a year as for me it's a daily process. You eat, breath, sleep, walk and clean yourself every day. Similarly, one has to devote sometime to clean the heart an mind too, every day.

    source: pinkvilla.com

     

    Advertisement